SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristin_flower

roses for mass planting zone 4

kristin_flower
16 years ago

Hi,

I've got a large border prepared that needs to be filled in this spring. My ideas seem to change daily, but right now I'm thinking I'll fill it in with mass plantings of Carefree Beauty near the back and Morden Blush near the front. This border is about 8-10 feet wide and 50 feet long. I've already got a few roses planted including 3 Morden Blush.

I'll probably have to spray the Morden Blush (maybe only towards the end of the season) and I'm not thrilled with that, but I love it's flower form and continuous bloom. Please let me know if you have other suggestions for mass plantings.

I think I'll also need some height at the far end to balance the two small flowering trees. I could add an obelisk or

maybe a couple arborvitae? Please let me know if you have any other ideas, and/or a suggestion for what to grow on an obelisk or pillar in zone 4.

{{gwi:226794}}

I'm also planning to rip out these ratty potentilla and landscape rocks and replace with roses. My current plan is Carefree Beauty, but I'm open to suggestions.

{{gwi:226795}}

Comments (15)