SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
altair_gw

macodes petola leaves turning yellow/pink

altair
16 years ago

Recently my macodes petola seems to be having some issues and I'm not sure what's causing them. The leaves have been fading to a light yellowy pink, slowly dying off. When this first happened, I attributed it to the leaf being old, as it was the oldest one on the plant, but now others are starting to follow suit. In addition, there are tiny little pinholes on the new leaves, which are surrounded by a pink hue. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm not that familiar with the species. It's growing in a cool terrarium under low light, the humidity is usually in the high 70s. There's also a ludisia discolor in the terrarium, and it seems pretty happy/healthy, as it's sending up a spike (can't wait to see it bloom!!!). Since they are both jewel orchids, I guess I assumed that they would have similar growing requirements, and if one was happy, the other would be...obviously this isn't the case! :) When I saw the holes, I immediately thought maybe an insect was munching on the leaves, but after an inspection, I couldn't find any sign of critters. Then I thought that maybe the yellowing was because it needs more light, but I read that the macodes petola doesn't like a lot of light, which left me a little confused. Anyways, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & happy holidays,

~Altair

Comments (8)