SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcjcjcx

Hubby's latest project: my new 'dock' skimmer cover

jcjcjcx
14 years ago

No matter how much we tried to 'hide' the skimmer cover with plants and shrubs, it was always visible, especially since we didn't have much room in that corner to work with.

So, as they say.. if you can't beat them, then join them...

Well instead of trying to hide it, why not accent it. Hubby decided his next project would be to build a cedar 'dock' cover to replace the ugly plastic one. Attached in the photos is the final result. It looks so much nicer now.

I still have to work on a way to conceal some the electrical wiring behind it (waiting for that eunonymus to grow).

But since we always thought it would be neat to have a small dock like accent somewhere, this turned out to be a great spot. Its very light so its easy to remove, and its grooved out underneath so that it sits securely on the skimmer.

In the cold snowy winter months, I'll store the nice new cedar one in the shed and use the old plastic grey one.

On the fence behind the 'dock' I've put a solar light shining down on the dock, so at night there is some subtle lighting cast upon it, just like in a real dock/pier.

First photo is the 'before' shot.

{{gwi:212558}}
{{gwi:212560}}
{{gwi:212562}}
{{gwi:212564}}

Comments (16)