SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisyincrete

Starting again. Happy day.

Hello all. I have been gardening and growing roses for some years in England. Mainly in the south east near London, and for the last eight years in cloudy, rainy Cornwall in the far south west.

I have now moved to the island of Crete in the Mediterranean Sea. I've bought a tiny plot of land of 900sq mts in the middle of the island at about 620 meters above sea level. Because I have to wait for the building permit, before building the house, I am spending this time in planning the garden. Not knowing much about Mediterranean gardening, I have been reading books, and looking on the internet. I found this site and you have introduced me to the wonderful families of the tea roses, noisettes and the china roses. I only knew a few of these before and most were entirely unknown to me. What wonderful roses! Thank-you all so much for bringing these to my attention.

I have already placed a small order with Peter Beales in the U.K. which I am waiting for with impatience. They will have to live in pots until the autumn when I should be able to plant them out. They are:

1x Aimee Vibert

1x Archiduc Joseph

4x Blush Noisette

1x Felicia

2x rose known as Sombreuil

2x The New Dawn

2x Columbian Climber

This last one, is completely unknown to me, but it looks gorgeous in his catalogue, and he says it should do well under glass so hopefully, it will like it here.

I have also ordered a number of Clematis and some herbaceous plants. I can't wait to get started!

Daisy

Comments (14)