SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cattleya17

Normal Bud Development? (Pics)

cattleya17
16 years ago

Hello, my Blc. Campobello Mendenhall is in bud fully exposed but I am concerned I think the buds are going to open facing up and tilted back towards the leaf and Pb I would like them to face forwards like normal. This development could be perfectly normal, but I do not know seeing how this is the first time I have ever bloomed an orchid on my own and have never seen this happen before. I thought they were supposed to face forward not up. I know that certain types of orchids such as some epidendrums face upwards but I thought that cattleya hybrids face forward. Could it be that is trying to go to the light? If that is the case, could I turn it so it will go the other way before they open? The bud in question is now resting on the leaf. I should not fertilize during bloom right, because I have not since the buds became clearly defined in the sheath. I did not want to risk killing them. However, maybe I helped it along by not fertilizing. Here are the pics

It went from this

{{gwi:207190}}

To this

{{gwi:207192}}

Then Finally This

{{gwi:207195}}

Is this normal? will it come back forwards then descend and fatten, or can i turn it so the buds can develop the normal way? if this is even abnormal. maybe im just paranoid. thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!

Samuel

Comments (8)