SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jameya

can anyone tell me what this is please??

jameya
9 years ago

Hello all,
Ive been trying to work on my yard this spring/summer and recently a 86yr old neighbor of mine asked me to plant a few things in their yard!! Which is great because i am running out of room in mine. Lol. He has this plant and he said he has lived there for 5 years now and never seen a flower on it, so hes not sure if its a weed and wanted me to dig it up. To me (which i am new to all this) it appears to be some sort of hydrangea maybe?? In the early spring it did have some dried up looking sticks that seemed to be hollow coming out of it, and i cut those out and trimmed it up a bit in hopes something would come out of it. When i moved next door it had maple startings and posion ivy and all kinds of fun stuff growing in it and it looked dried up and almost dead looking. BUT after this spring when i cleaned it up and trimmed it for him, it is growing nicely now and looks healthy. I know if anyone would be able to help us out and figure out what it is, it would be the amazing people on this forum!!!
Thanks guys and gals, you have taught me so much on here already and there is so much left to learn!! :)

Comments (7)