SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ademink_gw

2 Koi on bottom of pond

ademink
10 years ago

Ok...so I won't even BEGIN to go into all of the ridiculous pond drama I've had this year....lol...I'll just address the most recent.

Pond overview: 17,500ish gallons. Expensive to treat....impossible to catch anyone w/o draining the pond down to neverneverland.

Issue: 2 koi...approx 12"....."Shark" and "Spectacles".

Shark: Got hammered in the gill plate by a @#)$(*#)($* heron who ate about 15 other fish. I love him. The wound became pretty bad, looked ulcerated and he showed signs of major septicemia...streaky BRIGHT red fins.

Enter...Medi-Koi. I love it. He has been on Medi-Koi for 7 days now, Septicemia gone...holes in fins healed...wound on the gill plate looking MUCH better...though not totally healed. (If you don't have it...get it and keep it in your emergency stock).

Shark's issue (which is also Spectacle's issue): Both swim fine, eat very well and Spectacles looks perfect. However, they both will stop and lay on the bottom of the pond. Shark always goes to the same spot and Spectacles will just suddenly stop wherever and lay. Fins are *not* clamped....they are spread out...just laying.

Treated last week w/ Prazi but in retrospect I think I only treated for 15,000 gallons. What is the margin of error on that $tuff?

Is this an internal parasite issue and did I just underdose? What do I do now? Is there really a Santa Claus?

Andrea

Comments (8)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor