SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toolbelt68

Your Opinion Please

toolbelt68
10 years ago

I have a triangle bed with about 5 feet each side that I am thinking about putting a 10 foot 4x4 post in the center. That would give me about 8 feet above ground. At the base I plan on planting a Madame Alfred Carriere climber. I understand that it will go to 20 feet. After it reaches the top part of the post (I'll attach strong metal or wooden limbs to the post to support the canes) it can then drape back down to the ground. Any excess after that would be trimmed off. Since the climber is almost thornless it should not hurt anyone getting close to it. My robot lawn mower should not have a problem mowing under it so I don't care if it goes outside of the triangle.
I could do this with Zeffy but I have 30 of those around the yard and I'd like to try something else. Other thornless types would gladly be consider sooooo, what do ya think folks? Good idea or not? PS I know zip about roses so you won't hurt my feelings...... lol Post would replace the Tree Peony in the attached picture. (Peony died off last year)

This post was edited by Toolbelt68 on Mon, Jan 13, 14 at 21:44

Comments (7)