SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn2112

Belinda's Dream & Black Spot - In Need of Help

Generally, I walk my yard daily to keep apprised of what is going on with my plants, but I spent the past three days in Colorado and Utah so I have not been here. This evening during my first walk around the yard, I noticed my young Belinda's Dream plant having a pretty good case of black spot. I had been growing it in a pot, which required manual watering, and it began to decline when the temperatures cooled. I planted it in the ground about ten days ago thinking that like my other plants, it would fair better there. The black spot has worsened.

Due to my climate being so arid; blackspot and fungal disease are not something I have encountered much of at all, except for images in numerous magazines and on websites. What is disconcerting in the extent on blackspot on a small plant.

I do not spray anything except for insecticidal soap in April for aphids. What should I do to deal with this? This is truly unknown territory for me because what complicates the situation, the blackspot is on a young plant, which measures of remedying it in such instances rarely seems to be addressed in publications. Please help.

Lynn

Comments (26)