SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lemonpeels

pondless water feature..help please

lemonpeels
16 years ago

I've already read and gotten some good advice from previous posts, but would like to share my specific plans and see what you knowledgeable folks think! Ok, here we go, my wife and I just built a new home, in our previous home I built a nice pond and really enjoyed it..in the new home I want to build a waterless pond, because we have 2 small children, and also I like the low maintenance aspect. What I am planning is using a combination of bluestone, and old pavers which I have accumlated to build let's say a 10 foot by 10 foot area that would have possibly a couple of bubblers coming out and maybe a laminar jet, landing in some type of pot or container..here is a link if you guys aren't familiar with laminar jets..http://www.swimmingpoolsetc.com/laminar-fountains.htm

What I would be great is anyone who could give me advice as to what size pump and what kind, where I could buy it on-line, what size resevoir, should I house the pump externally..I think I will need a heavy duty metal grate, because I want the kids to be able to stand on the bricks or bluestone which will sit on top of the grate...The pond will be located close to the childrens play area, and is intended to be kid friendly, It will be in almost total shade, and I will surround the area with a lot of shade loving perrenials . My plan is to put down a liner, covered by stone with a gradual slope to a middle area, which then will have the reservoir, which could either be some type of buried trough or just the liner material..then have a slightly lower ledge , with stone that will have a soldiers course of brick which the grate will lie on..what do you guys think? I appreciate any and all advice

Comments (2)