SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spguil

Hot water and Everpure Water Filtration System

trekker
16 years ago

We have a small instant hot water heater in the break room for our office. When our Asko model D3120 dishwasher broke down after only 2.5 years (repair bill: $300 plus 4 week wait for parts), we were told (by the repairman) that the machine should be connected to the hot water rather than cold. Two years later the hot water quit and after much delay we have it restored: today I was informed that we have an Evanpure Water Filtration System model H-104 installed. Why that should fix the hot water problem is beyond me, but we do have hot water. However, the first thing I saw in the material handed to me (after the plumber departed) is that the system is for cold water only. I'm sure it's no mistake, as it is plainly written in three languages. The materials also included a note that the unit will last longer if it is used with a separate faucet for the filtered water. I never asked for a filter to make the water taste better, which is what this unit appears to do.

So: I'm wondering if this unit will continue to function with hot water. There is a note about connecting it to an instant hot water system, which makes me wonder about the instructions that it is for cold water only.

The unit does claim "Inhibits limescale buildup in water-using appliances -- as tested by Everpure." The water in this city has about 18 GPG, so that feature may help with the dishwasher.

Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?

Comments (4)