SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mike_in_new_orleans

Just got Glowing Amber and Snow Ruby!

OK, these two babies just arrived from Heirloom roses. I have not grown either variety before so would love to hear some encouraging words about them,...or even heads-up tips if they have quirks that need attention. I've seen Glowing Amber in a local garden, and it looked happy. The owner told me it typically blooms reliably. I did have Ingrid, with was an identically colored bi-color from the same breeder, George Mander, but it was a mini-flora rather than a mini. I realized after growing it awhile that it also was more of a semi-double, not as high a petal count as I prefer, and it would not keep exhibition form for much time at all. It tended to pop quickly to fully open, which I don't care for. Glowing amber seems to be a fuller bloom, even if smaller. Is that true in your experience?

Snow Ruby I have never seen in person; don't know anyone who grows it, but the pics and comments on Helpmefind.com were so mouth-watering, I finally decided to give it a try. Anyone here have experience with it? I'd love to hear your comments. I would like to know what to look forward to for this spring. Thanks. : )

Mike

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer