SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goylesgirl

semi-formal pond??

goylesgirl
16 years ago

Hi, I was wondering if there is such a thing as a semi-formal pond? Now I will try and explain why.

While we are in the process of developing our plan, our general theme for the yard(as the house)is betweeen formal and informal, and I am trying to figure out a way to incorporate a water feature into this scheme.

I live in an urban setting and the house is a Victorian and since the pond will be near the house, I'm not sure a natural sort of pond would look good here. On the other hand, we are not "formal" people and the site does not really lend itself to a formal pond (partly to mostly shade and nothing interesting to reflect). This leads me to wondering if I can create some sort of semi-formal pond that would look good.

The area in question is right outside my kitchen window, on the opposite side of our patio and below what will be a lawn area. I envision it to be a sort of secret garden, good for coffee (this is the only area that gets the morning sun)and "quiet time". Since there is a slope, I was thinking of building it into the hill with a rock retaing wall similiar to the other side, that would be at seat level.

Here is a link to some pictures of the area, it's pretty bad now, but I've got hope.

{{gwi:205068}}yard

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!