SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azponder

Questions of Canna, Cracks and Feebleness (with pic)

azponder
16 years ago

Well I have been planted for 6 weeks and am starting to like what I see. My Cannas flowering make me smile but I think they look a bit too spread out. I got a potential crack and a couple of snoozer plants I have questions about. Thanks in advance for the help! Here's a pic.

{{gwi:203303}}

1. Bad Crack or just ugly?

This spot has appeared recently and has me nervous. The wall is concrete with a liner between it and another layer of concrete. All of a sudden this spot of wetness has appeared along a thin hairline crack in the concrete. What I hope is the case, is that the concrete cracked a little below water, the water is seeping in but is stopping at the liner and just leaving a wet spot. Thoughts?

2. Sweet Flag...more like Sleep Flag. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My sweet flag essentially hasn't grown an inch since I put it in. It's in one of the sunniest spots, though the whole pond gets a lot of shade. Might it be my Hard water?

3. Canna Questions!

Trim Yes/No?

After my first Canna flowered, hard little ponds formed at the base of the flowers and shows no sign of flowering again. Are these seeds or fruits? Would trimming the stalk help it devote more energy to flowering?

How big of pots?

Right now all the canna are in 5 gallon pots that are about 18" deep and maybe 10" wide. I like their heigth but was hoping they would fill in together more. In time will they bush out? Or do they only grow vertical and I need wider tubs or more dense plantings?

4. No Rush here.

This Pickeral Rush is pathetic. It keeps putting up one leaf at a time then the other one dies. Essentially it looks the same as it did when I got it, but it is on its 10th leaf. It is in a 3 gallon pot at about 3"

5. Booster Chair?

This lizard tail is growing ok, but I think it may have hit a wall. It is getting wider but not taller. If they don't get much taller than this I think I want to move it. Its in a 3 gallon pot at about 6"

Comments (5)