Houzz Logo Print
galium_gw

~Cracked Pot Gardner's~ **March**

galium
16 years ago

"Springtime is the land awakening.

The March winds are the morning yawn"

Lewis Grizzard

This month I've done some pairing. Most everyone will have a partner in their Plant Hardiness Zone. If you haven't received an email from me with your partners address please let me know.

We will be sending anything that our partner can use to get ready for spring. Items such as seeds, gardening gloves, magazines, markers, jiffy pellets or anything garden related. For those in warmer climates you can send, your partner, plants, bulbs, corms, rhizomes, tubers, etc. It's up to you. We would also like you to send something that would be found in an Easter Basket.

We have stressed that we want to keep costs low. If you can send in a padded envelope then that's fine. Plants need to be sent Priority Mail. Delivery confirmation is optional although recommended.

Please don't forget that we have a chat room. I've enjoyed getting to know some of you.

If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to email myself (galium) or micyrey. micyrey will be on vacation until March 3rd.

Rules:

All packages or boxes must be mailed by March 24th.

You must post when you send, to your partner, and also when you receive your package.

Anyone who does not send will be dropped from the group.

Happy March Everyone,

Mariann

Comments (115)

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I received the most wonderful gifts from Becki today.

She sent me 2 packages of Jiffy-7s. I use these to grow my Zinnias but didn't buy any this year. Also a package of Marshmallow Frogs. During this time of the year I'll eat any sugar covered marshmallow treat I can find. I love them!! She also sent me a Dahlia tuber 'Christine' and a fairy plant poke (so adorable). I also received seeds packed in those colorful plastic eggs....Coleus Rainbow Mix, Passiflora incarnata, Passiflora edulis, Passiflora quadrangulairis and 'Mary Todd' Daylily seeds.

Becki thank you so much you made my day. I love everything and can't wait to start those seeds.
    Hugs,
    Mariann

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

WOW Marianne wonderful box. Today is a Sweet Treat Day!!!

I also just received a WONDERFUL SURPRISE when our Maillady came. I was soo excited that I had to meet her halfway when I saw her walking up with a box. Rebs had to "inspect" things as I opened the box, guess he gets as much enjoyment as I do. Here is what "Scotty" (Sharon) sent in the box all nestled in Easter Basket Grass!....

A personalized really sweet Card
    Some very soft Pink Garden Gloves
    a lovely smelling candle in a terra cotta pot
    a "Wormie the Water Sensor" (soo cuteeee)
    a Beautiful Garden Rock Inscribed with "Caring" with raised flowers and an inlaid mirror chipped Dove
    A Bluebird of Happiness Pin and Bookmark
    A Brug cutting! I LOVE BRUGS!
    some Glad mixed bulbs
    some Estra Special Butterfly Pea Vine Seeds(anxious to see these!)
    Grego Mixed Asters Seeds
    Bachelor Buttons Double Mixed Seeds
    Gypsophila Seeds
    Powderpuff Aster mix Seeds
    Snapdragons Tetra mix Seeds
    Cockscomb Mixed Seeds
    Shasta Daisy "Alaska" Seeds
    Sweet William single mix Seeds
    AND
    some Florida Native Necklace Pods (I REALLY love these and can't wait to plant them!

WOW Scotty you really overdid yourself sweetie. I love it all and thank you soo much, I am going to sow some seeds this afternoon.

Thank you again Scotty!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• Related Discussions

NEW: 'You Pick Seed Swap' ~Cracked Pot Gardner's~-March

Q

Comments (48)
    OPPPS SUE SORRY I CALLED YOU SUSIE...hehe, soo many things going on around me at the moment, but I guess you COULD be a Susie if you wanted too :D LOL MARIANN, MARIANN, MARIANN....LIST, LIST, LIST, LIST....LOL OK waiting and watching to SNAG my LIST....LOL SOOOOO MANY GOOD ONES NOW I AM CONFUSED! I tell you IT DOESN'T TAKE MUCH! :) Fran
    ...See More

UPDATE: April Swap Changes ~Cracked Pot Gardner's~

Q

Comments (1)
    Signups are closed for this swap. In June we'll be having a cutting swap. YEAH!!! Mariann
    ...See More

UPDATE: ~July~Cracked Pot Gardner's continued

Q

Comments (4)
    Louise - I received my wonderful box from you. You are so kind and thoughtful...you seem to know just how to please! I received some wonderful seeds and even another bag of "extras"! a cute deck of playing cards with flowers on them A froggie pot stake and a froggie pot sitter Plants: Voodoo Sedum (I've been wanting this!), Ellacombianum and a lavender daylily An angel figurine jeweled pot hangers four gardening magazines (amazing - I don't have any of these - these are great!) and a wonderful hardcover book on container gardening (just perfect for me!) Thanks for being such a great partner! (P.S. delivery confirmation says Louise got her box this week, hope she liked it!)
    ...See More

NEW: Sign ups October ~Cracked Pot Gardner's~ Fall Bounty

Q

Comments (40)
    Ooh, Mariann, I couldn't imagine even running a comb through my hair with that dent in there much less all they put your head through at the salon. Just thinking of them combing out sections before they snip with the scissors is making me shudder. When I worked in a retail store years ago I had to sort some things in our stock room. The ceiling was very low, only 5ft high (I'm 5'10") and had pipes running all over it. I was always so cautious when working in there but one day I stood up in the wrong spot and hit my head on a brace holding the pipes and went out like a light. I had a dent in my head for quite some time. That was back when I used hot rollers every day to get myself ready for my day. Ouch, the memories! Your mold problems are much worse than mine. The black mold can be especially dangerous. I just found some on one of the kids volleyballs that was left out under some bushes. I need to wash that with some bleach to remove it before they start playing with it again. I'm glad you wear a mask when it is bad. That stuff just isn't good for you.
    ...See More
  • Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I'm in the chat room if anyone is in a talkative mood.

it sounds like some of you are getting some great boxes, and doing some wonderfull gardening, it is raining here and very cold. but I spent some time down stairs filling peat pots so I can get my annuals sowed, I can fit 21 pots in each tray, and 12 trays in the greenhouse, so we'll see if I can fill over 250 pots.

Question of the day/week/month
    ** what is your favorit garden tip?

well mine is to keep the seedlings trimed short for the first month to keep them bushy and let the roots grow nice and healthy. it seemd to work great.

please tell us yours

see ya later
    michelle

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

Just dropping in to post my dc#: 03071790000517116310.
    Be on the look out Illinois! It is verry foggy out this morning and 28 degrees. After so much snow melted last week and weekend, yesterday we got just enough to cover the ground back up again, but hopefully it will melt right away. Have a good day everyone! I'll check in later.
    Karen

• wynative
    16 years ago

Linda ~ that is great news! I am planting some of them today along with the Wonder Eggs that I got from Mary Ellen and a few others. It is still real cold here and I don't want to get to much up inside.

Mary Ellen ~ your package is going out today - sorry so late but this month is flying by! I will post the conformation later.

Marie

• pattygrow5
    16 years ago

Hi all I have been off-line for almost 2 months a long story glad to be back missed everyone.
    Louise I will get your package out in a couple of days I just got yours thanks for all the goodies especially the seeds and magazines I am itching to get out. I have lots of growth in my jugs (HA-HA)
    Patty

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good morning everyone,

I have 2 gardening tips:

Homemade Deer Repellent-
    Blend 1 or 2 fresh eggs, several cloves of garlic and 2 cups of water together (use a blender or food processor) strain into a 1 gallon sprayer. Add enough water to make 1 gallon. Shake sprayer to mix. Spray on plants that deer frequently eat. Repeat spraying after rain or watering.

Tomato Planting
    When transplanting tomatoes you can plant most of the stem too. Unlike many other plants tomatoes grow roots all along the stem.

Hope to see more members in the chat room
    Mariann

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

good morning
    thanks for the deer repelent mariann, when I start the garden at the farm I know deer could be a problem. I will use this from the start to teach them "ther's nothing good to eat here" this will be very handy. now dose anyone have a good resipe for keeping away ticks YUCK!!!!!$#^&&
    michelle

• wynative
    16 years ago

Mary Ellen - your package is on its way. I sent it UPS to make sure that it got to you before Easter -
    tracking # 1z 821 048 03 5188 3310

Linda - thanks for the complement! I let her read over my shoulder as some of the things that are posted here are to funny. She saw your post and I am to tell you that 'you're the greatest!' :)

thanks to everyone else for all the wonderful complements, too! I need to limit what she reads though, she is conceted enough LOL

Marie

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Hi ya'll,

Just a quick post to say that my partners box is going out today. I will post the DC # when I get back from the post office,

Smiles,
    Pixie

• ibartoo
    16 years ago

HI My package for my partner is finally on it's way. The delivery confirmation number is: 0307 1790 0001 0851 5393. I hope my partner likes everything. Linda

• thelwig55
    16 years ago

Hello Ladies, my package will go out tomorrow.
    We are on a Island at this time, been on the National News, Zoar Ohio, kids have been out of school all week and will not return for another couple weeks. We are not as bad as Missouri, really not much property damage as this flooding is basically in flood plains, but has flooded major roads, we have to take an ATV to town though the woods to get to our cars on the other side of the flood. Keeping life interesting and I just saw on the news we on in for 3-6 inches of snow on top of this mess. We are are considering packing up and heading south off a couple weeks since there is no school and they will have to go till July if the state does not excuse the days missed. Every one have a wonderful Easter and stay warm and dry.
    Tammy

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    woosa tammy sounds rough, be carfull out there, we just missed out on all bad stuff, it rained a lot but Quincy is on a 300 foot bluff that protects us from flooding.
    I went out to the missouri farm and it was very muddy there, I loaded the mower up in the truck and mowed the prairie grass in the area I want to put my garden, and moved used tires to make the planters. I used the grass clippings to partialy fill the planters and I'll mix in dirt before I plant. it seems spring is rilly here, when we walked down to the lake at the farm we saw the musk rat swimming around(well once he saw us, he swam away) several turtles, and a small flock of ducks.
    we also went to the cummunity garden and pulled some rocks out before they till the soil, it used to be an old school house and the flundation rocks and bricks are still surfacing. we had some bad news, one of the ladies I rilly liked at the garden passed away this last weekend, she lost her husband last summer, and I admired her strength to keep going. I was rilly looking forward to seeing her again. Sandy you will be missed.
    I will be turning in early tonight, I'm all used up for today.
    michelle

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Tammy, I have been watching what has been going on in your community on the news. We are north of you in Olmsted Falls. I saw that we are in for more snow. Definitely not what is needed right now. God bless and stay safe.

Michele, I am so sorry to hear that you lost your friend. The farms sounds amazing. I like your idea of using the the grass clippings in the planters. I have always filled the base of mine with small stones, we have tons of grass clippings. What a smart use for them. Thanks for the tip!

• mellen
    16 years ago

Marie/WYNative, I wanted you to know that your box of gifts arrived today. Thank you for the following:

-kitchen hand towel with birdhouses and birds on it-it also says "Tweet" on it. It is soooo cute. Perfect colors for my kitchen, too!
    -a cup that holds a candle that fits down into a blue wire holder for it. There are wire ladybugs on the holder. Also, there was a blue/white/pink layered rose scented candle in it. I just love this, Marie.
    -a travel incense kit. I have never seen anything so little. lol The incense holder is only 1 1/2" long and maybe 3/4" wide, and the incense sticks are about 3 inches long but as skinny as toothpicks. But oh my, the incense smells WONderful! It is called Evidence. Thank you so MUCH for this!
    -a box of mini robin egg Whoppers. I'm eating some right now.
    -a notepad that looks like one of those "bubbles" that a cartoon maker puts up in the air when their cartoon character is speaking. On the pad it has-F.Y.I...that's your opinion! LOLOL Love it, Marie!!! I will be taking this to school to use. LOL
    -Also, a peat pellet greenhouse 6. I have been starting a lot of seeds this winter and been using different sizes of these, Marie. I really like them.
    -these seeds-
    -red lanterns
    -salmon amaryllis
    -purple and white columbine
    -autumn joy sedum
    -lily
    -black heirloom columbine
    -red dianthus

Marie, thanks a million for all of the wonderful gifts that you so thoughtfully put together. Since I have no school tomorrow, I have invited my parents up for the day. My dad and I are going to pot up some bulbs that I plan to sell at a plant sale that a friend and I have every spring. And, he and I will also be sowing some more seeds including the ones that you sent.

I have all of your gifts. It's just a matter of getting them packed up into a box. I should be able to do that this week-end with your box going out on Monday. You said something about your box being late? MY box is the late one. But it will get there. Thank you again, and you and your family have a blessed Easter.
    Mary Ellen/Mellen

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Everyone is getting great gifts from their partners!

Michelle-I'm sorry to hear that you lost a friend from the community garden.

Tammy-I cringe when I hear about the weather in your area. I hope you and your family are safe and warm.

I planted another flat the other day. Herbs, lettuce and a few other things. I'm definitely running out of room. The portable 4 tiered greenhouse has two sets of lights now. Seedlings are popping up all over the place.

Hope everyone has a great day,
    Mariann

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

goodmorning to you
    I was so tired last night I forgot to thank Kalena67 for a wonderfull package, it came yesterday, filled with goodies
    -peat pots and pellets
    -a family butterfly activity kit :)
    -a garden activity book, this will be great this summer, I
    just love the way it shows how to make plant markers
    out of ping pong balls on a stick.
    -backyard makeovers mag. I have never seen this one
    -a bag for the boys with make your easter bunny kit, and
    some easter goodies
    - and a bulging envie of great seeds, all my favs. cosmos,zinnias,larkspurs, columbine, and many more.
    I need to find more room to start seedlings, my 4 tier greenhouses outside are full of WS seeds, 10 shelvs in the basement are full, I have 2 shelfs on a greenhouse with lights they are full, and a hugh drop leaf table with 2 shop lights over it is full of coleus and geraniums.
    I rilly need it to warm up enough to put some outside.

thank you so much for the great box of gardening goodies. and the cute easter card.

I'll be checking in later
    michelle

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

You're Welcome, Michelle, and I'm glad you liked your package! We are getting LOTS of snow here. Over a foot and still falling. Yesterday there was only patches of snow on the ground, my back flower bed was almost completely snow free, and now you can't see anything. Boo Hoo! I was so ready for spring!! But it is suppose to stay in the 30's, and up to the 40's, so hopefully it will melt in week. I hope everyone who is getting rain/flooding is doing alright. What crazy weather.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter! I'll be checking in when I can.
    Karen/kalena

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I received 2 magazines from Becki today. She said they didn't fit in the box. I love gardening magazines. She sent me Backyard Living and Country Almanac 'Flower Gardens'.

Mariann

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Marie your daughter is beautifull, I hope to get my box out by tuesday. I am badly in need of some sugar daddies. extras ? I will pay postage or trade anything on my list. I am doing a planter at the flower shop, putting in a topiary tree, that silver annual, can't recall name and sugar daddies. Hi Pixie. hugs carol

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

WOW sounds like everyone has been very busy hopping around and such wonderful Easter boxes! I know everyone is busy getting things ready for Easter.

Carol, I know that your Flower Shoppe is very busy, I can just imagine it being a very busy day and then with Mothers Day coming up also!

I think with the way the weather has been this year and Easter coming so early that it has shocked us all into a different sense of reality, I honestly think its shocked our plants also. I have a Hosta (that I don't do good with so this one already has an adoptive family to go to) that has two flower buds on it. I had to call to see if this was normal because I have never been able to grow a Hosta.

I hope everyone has a great night and a beautiful Saturday. For all of ya'll that have ummm cold weather and snow still I am thinking tropics for ya and sending warm hugs. For all of ya'll that have tons of rain plz be safe and I am keeping ya'll in my prayers.

Stay safe and happy,
    Pixie

• thelwig55
    16 years ago

Karen, we are flooded in, around 30 square miles is landlocked, my son took your package to the post office, I put 5 stamps on and gave him some money to pay for the extra postage due. The postmaster was not in, probably could not get in. Anyways he put the package in the mailbox at the post office. We are leaving town, I will leave a note with the extra money at the post office, hopefully she can correct this, if not it is going out without enough postage and I will send you the postage due.
    This trip will be interesting, we have an Arrgo, it is like an army ATV, goes on water and land, we are packing out 5 people with all our snowmobiling gear to the truck that is parked outside this flood mess and heading 10 hours north to get into more snow, We are nuts!, keep think 10 hours south will get us to warm weather and we are going North. The trail riding is great fun, but sick of this weather.
    If the package gets returned to me, we will not be back till next week and will get this straightened out, the post office only serves 200 people, so hoping when the postmaster is in she can correct it, but I also think the postal service may be sending in a boat, for pick up, so it may get missed. Unsure how the USPS handles PO's that are flooded in. Just wanted to let you know there may be a problem with your package.
    Happy Easter!
    Tammy

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Tammy-All the best to you and your family.

• micke
    16 years ago

My package is going out to Carol tomorrow conf #
    0306 3030 0002 5449 2678

not sure what the sugar daddies are Carol?? are you talking about a plant? the only thing I can think of is those candies?
    If I knew and had them I would slip some in the package:(

• sassyd
    16 years ago

I received my box today from Linda. What a thoughtful box, I just loved everything! 1st the sweetest and very thoughtful card and a beautiful ceramic (looks like hand painted) egg decorated in spring tulips. Again, so pretty!
    Cornucopaea Datura & Yellow Corkscrew Vine seeds, can't wait to try them. A bag of peat pellets, which I really needed. And plants, not seeds, plants! Whoopee! Tritoma & Liatris! Orange & Purple, can't wait to see them, my fav's girl you know that! And last but certainly not least because its possibly my favorite of all, A pot of Candy Corn Vine, it already has blooms and its looks just like little candy corns, I love it Linda, all of it! Oh and thanks for the candy also! Ya done good girl! I hope you're as happy with your box, which will for sure go out tommorrow, I'm such a dunce I forgot the post office was closed on Friday and didn't get there before 12 on Sat. but its packed and ready to go.

Again, thanks so much sweetie!
    Sassy

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend and lots of time with loved ones!

Sassy

• veeja11
    16 years ago

sugar daddy is an elderley man who gives you money, or a purple cascading petunia, I need the flower seed one. Pixi, any eggs in your nest yet ? give Fox a big hug for me. with my vacation I am confused about who my partners are in various swaps so I need my pals name and addy sp I can send them a box. the sooner the better. thankyou hugs carol

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

Tammy, no problem with your package! Hope the flooding eases up for you real soon! I hope everone had a wonderful Easter week end!

Karen/kalena67

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Linda....if you see this, please check your email for me!

Thanks,
    Sassy

• scottrell
    16 years ago

Hi! I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! I spent a long weekend at the beach house with the family and returned to find my box from Kathy! Whoo hoo! You have knocked my socks off girl! I love everything! I received four packs of bulbs, acidanthera, narcissus, sparaxis, and freesias. seven packs of seeds, (so many of my wants!) memo pads, beautiful stationary, a great beaded notebook, seven awsome pens, scissors, labels, a whole bunch of handmade itty bitty envelopes, a flower power magnet, lipstick and face cream samples, two pair of dangley earings that I love, all of this was tucked into a fabulous garden tote! Thank you for your generosity and thoughtfulness!! I am so glad I found all you neat girls! Stuff like this really makes my day! - Sharon

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Sharon, lol I hate to be the one to tell ya but ya posted that in the wrong swap. I am your secret partner for this month and ya havent received my box yet but should by Weds. That is a great box from Kathy though!!! The DC # for the next box of goodies for you from me for this swap is ....03060320000194672795.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Carol, I do have 3/4 lil eggs, they are white/cream with red specks on them in the lil birdie cave. Momma sits on them all day taking time for herself some to go forage. She mostly stays in the lil cave and just peers at me looking in on her. She is soo cute and such a good momma. I am very excited and can't wait til the lil babies hatch! It doesn't seem to bother her any that our front porch is very busy but no-one messes with that hanging basket, we can all just see her from the front door so its really neat. Fox likes the hugs Carol. I am soo tickled that you got to meet him and he just thinks your the Bomb and a very special Lady!!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello everyone
    we had a great easter weekend except the snow, luckly it was above freezing and the snow did not stick. the boys had an indoor easter egg hunt, and I gave them a bunch of outdoor/summer toys it will hopfully be warm enough soon to use them. I'm still getting new sprouts in my WS pots on a daily bases, and I have cardinal climbers and snapdragons up, and a few more of my passion vines have dared to sprout (YAY)

thats great about the eggs pixie, I just love it when we have babies on the porch, you can always tell what the mommy bird get back to feed them.

lets all hope and pray for some fast drainage for tammy, and any one else effected by the floods. I'm hopping we do not end up in that catergory, they had very bad floods here in '94'(before we moved here) and the bridges over the miss. river were under water and many farms and houses were under water too. the main part of town is 300 feet up on a bluff, they planed this town pritty well, so most people here will be fine.

I'll be back later
    michelle

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Carol-You have mail....I forwarded you your partners name and address this morning.

Sharon-That's a great box. LOL I may have done the same thing at one time or another.

I thought I'd post an update:

micke S
    micyrey S--R
    galium S--R
    fcoffill R--S
    thelwig55 R--S
    hmle2217 R--S
    beckilove S--R
    pixieluvplants S--R
    veeja11
    sandlapper_rose S--R
    kalena67 S
    sguanzon S--R
    debbya S--R
    sassyd R--(sending)
    scottrell S
    mellen R
    esiuol
    pattygrow5 R
    ibartoo S
    wynative S

If I missed anyone please let me know.

• scottrell
    16 years ago

Whoops! Tee Hee! I was wondering who Kathy was!
    That is terrible about all the flooding. and here we are in a drought.

• mellen
    16 years ago

Have Marie's box all packed and ready to go out tomorrow. The DC# is 0307 1790 0005 5259 5347.
    Mary Ellen/Mellen

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I missed someone-esiuol/Louise sent to pattygrow

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Just wanted to let Linda know your box is on the way and will be there tommorrow.

UPS 1z6408w10358888809

Sassy

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Hi All,

Its soo windy here today I feel like I am in the Plain's area of the USA. It is warm out though. I have been digging bricks out of a new bed that fox tilled up for me last night (yeppers it was dark when he did it so I couldn't play in it til today) He needs to til a tad more (he won't let me touch the tiller cause he says I don't wear the right shoes sheesh! so today I am wearing shorts and my steel toed rubbers lol fashion statement I know). I am sooo ready to get all my plants and veggies in the ground. My corn is about as tall as my thighs now so its coming along great.

Sharon I know what you mean about being in a drought. It is sad that so many places are flooding and here we are in drought conditions.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy day.

Pixie

• ibartoo
    16 years ago

HI Everyone!
    I got the most wonderful, UNBELIEVABLE box from Sassy today! Sassy You are the MOST Awesome! I am squeezing you so hard! Can you breath? Can you feel the hug?!!! My son said I squealed like a little girl over and over again! LOL
    Sassy sent me a: propagation book (I absolutely love propagation), Garden rabbit, gloves ( desperately needed,) pruners ( also desperately needed) 2 garden gnomes ( DS says they look like the travelocity gnome doing yard work LOL) I think they are adorable, She also sent me a watering can and a little lady bug pot hanger, and the seeds...... I think she sent every kind of seed we have ever talked about! And I emptied my greenhouse today so I can plant tomorrow! Yipee! it feels like Christmas. It is so incredible. She also sent me seed envelopes and CHOCOLATE! Oh yeah and garden markers!
    and I almost forgot... She also sent me an herb garden kit.I can't wait to get these seeds started.
    Sassy, I'm squeezin you again girl! Sassy even put in a sweet note.
    I am going to send you more surprises too. Yours were so awesome. Thank you so so much. Linda

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

Yea!! I received my envie from Tammy today, and no worries, you had enough postage! Tammy sent me a very nice pot holder, a note and a nice variety of seeds:
    Trumpet Lily white
    Cosmos single sensation mix
    Daylily Exotic x candy
    Shasta snolady
    Wonder Egg
    Scabiose house's hybrids
    Dahlia pom pom
    Gaillardia burgundy
    Hosta mix
    Canna mix
    Butterfly Bush lt. lavender
    Monarda
    Hibiscus mix
    Poppies white
    Zinnia Thumblina
    Amaranthus cruentus
    Moonflower white
    Trumpet Vine yellow
    Gopher Spurge
    Hibiscus 'Disco Belle'

Thank you so much Tammy!!!

• wynative
    16 years ago

Mary Ellen ~

What a GREAT box! Love everything! Although I do have to brag about my purple "Marie" pen! Very cool... The garden stake plaque & serenity rock are perfect - I decorate my desk each month and had no idea what to put out for April since Easter was early. My daughter is going to love the pink glads - I know that she will claim them for her 'secret garden' the minute she see's them.

Thanks for such a great box!
    Marie

• scottrell
    16 years ago

Hello Everyone! I got my box from Trina yesterday! I got plants! I got two brugs, one smells like lemon custard - can't wait for that! A pink plumeria, chocolate mint geranium. Lots O' Seeds! Lots of peat pellets, lots of seed baggies. I also got cute post its, notebook, sharpies, scissors! Thanks I always seem to need those. Two pairs of the dangley earings that I love, two magazines BHG and Martha Stewart (My hero). How did you do it! You really shouldn't have, but i am so glad that you did!! I feel like Linda, I squealed a lot when I opened my box! Thank you! Big giant hugs!! Oh yeah lots of chocolate too! Yum!
    So I was busy in the yard today, it is hot and dry here, my rain barrel is almost empty. doin' the rain dance!!
    I have been planting seeds daily, I already have lots of blooms! I am working on getting rid of the grass in my backyard, I want all gardens and paths. No more mowing in the back for my hubby soon! Sending out warm dry thought to you all!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I am soooo happy you got it Sharon!!!! I am so tickled that ya liked it, I was sooo worried after I read what Kathy had sent that ya wouldn't like what I sent. Seems like we were both thinking alike. I even thought about shipping Mud to ya sweetie!!! But then ya wouldn't have gardens in your backyard! lol j/k. I am very happy you like the box and I had alot of fun picking things out for you.

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello everyone
    I just chompping at the bit, but I keep looking at the weather forcast and seeing some cold nights still.
    you should have seen me yesterday, moving bags of mulch and dirt in the rain(I only have 2 mornings a week with out the boys, so I can get stuff done) I was a muddy mess.

my garden is showing great sings of life though, the crocus are blooming, tulips and daffs are up, columbines are starting to leaf out, there are flower buds on the plumb and peach trees, and the perennial weeds are starting to come up(drats) I rilly need to got on top of those this year.

we will be winding up feb post, I hope everyone has sent. it sounds like everyone so far has gotten some great garden goodies this month, I know I did.

I hope to see ya in the chat room
    micyrey

• veeja11
    16 years ago

I received a stuffed envie from Michelle tody about 20 pkgs of seeds, garden gloves a cute notepad and an almond joy egg. sorry I am running late this month but bought the last items for your pkg today so Monday is my new target date. thankyou sooo much I love my goodies. hope to plant some seeds tomorrow. Pixie, I think Fox is pretty special too give each other a hug for me. loved meeting you both. big hugs carol

• pattygrow5
    16 years ago

I mailed Louises goodie box today priority mail sorry for being late I wasn,t able get to the post office until today I was out in the garden got a lot of clean up done my forsythia are opening up my 2 hellborus are blooming my pierris japociana is blooming found a valley valentine pierris at home depot it has red blooms instead of white! I usually don't buy any plants anymore but it was so beautiful couldn't resist we went there to get a new pump for our pond and there it was I usually won't go to garden shops because the temptation is too much.LOL.
    Patty

• ibartoo
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    This weekend turned cool and rainy! After last week being so pretty, I almost can't stand being stuck inside with no "plant" way to entertain myself. LOL. I thought about organizing my seed box and updating my list and then I decided just to check the forums instead. I hope everyone will have a great week. Linda

• esiuol
    16 years ago

Hello Everyone!

I apologize for not posting sooner. My husband and I just got back from Savannah. What a beautiful place!! It was sunny and 70 degrees every day.....it was snowing here when we left. I swear I have never seen so many azaleas in one place before.
    Back to reality now....I sent my box out on my way to the airport and I see that Patty got it. I received the box of goodies she sent to me. She included a book on container gardening which I love.
    **Patty, thank you so much!!!

Louise

• micke
    16 years ago

I recieved a wonderful box from Carol today:)
    Lilium Oriental Star fighter
    Red Dutch Oriental Trumpet
    Grande Passion Glads
    Pixie Parasol daylily
    4 O'clocks
    Blue Star Morning Glory
    Moonflower
    Poppies
    Carnations
    Humming bird feeder and necter concentrate
    A keychain making kit of a bird

It was all so fantastic and it perked me up. thank you very much and no problems on the lateness, I totally understand:)
    I am gona miss all my gardening buddies so much but I really need to take this time for myself and figure out where I am goin to go on from here.
    thanks for letting me be a part of this group, you are all wonderful.
    micke