SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aimeekitty

Really disappointed by the G. Rosarians Ticket policy

aimeekitty
13 years ago

Regarding the Great Rosarians event at Huntington today.

I had written Clair to ask about what the topics were on Sunday, and also asked here, but no one seemed to know, and I got no response from Clair.

Saturday, I had a previous engagement and I really couldn't go to Huntington. But today, I drove an hour out to Huntington in the hope that I could go to the talks today... even though I had no idea whether the topics would be worth it to me or not... I figured seeing the speakers would be nice enough. I'm pretty sure that other people have driven farther without information...

At the ticketing desk, I was told that I would have to pay the full weekend price ($50) to go to ANY of the lectures. Even though I would only be going to one day, I would have to pay the full price for two days of lectures?

How is this reasonable?

Also, the event is being held at Huntington, which I'm a member of, but there's no discount for Huntington members, either. That's not really my point, but I just -could not- justify paying the full $50 for one day of classes when that price was for two days. $50 is a LOT for me. Every convention/event I have ever been to has had a one day policy and I just don't see what reason GR could have for not allowing people to attend for one day for a reduced price.

So I drove the hour back home.

Comments (22)