SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calliope_gw

Passing Winter Days

calliope
17 years ago

Maybe I should say nights, because the day is all too short this time of year to worry how I'll fill the hours.

When I was a child, winter lasted oh, maybe a year or two. LOL. Geesh, the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas was sometimes a decade.

Now it seems much shorter, but I have taken lately to pick out little projects, or pleasant activities to fill the days until I can be outside again, or enjoy the sun into the night hours. It's kept me sane. Or nearly.

I'll have my house project, of course. It always comes after New Year's day. Last year, we remodeled the kitchen, a two month ordeal done from necessity. I also made the five foot braided rug and of course counted birds for project feeder watch. That tided me over until it was time to start the spring crops. The year before I re-plastered the walls in the living room and painted it and we lay a new floor in there with the help of my son who made that his Christmas present to us.

This year, the plaster and walls in the downstairs foyer are on the agenda. I have my second quilt in progress and another planned. I am also going to take some classes in grafting trees. The hours whiz by and each morning is met with some amount of enthusiasm. The problem is, now that I have a rhyme and reason to my projects and allot time to them, I have more projects than time.

I never used to make a specific project a goal for the winter months. Is this typical, or am I become, finally an old fogey?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions