SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
virraszto

Suggestions making pond from pool hole

virraszto
16 years ago

We tore down a 30 yr old kayak pool that was in total disrepair. Hadn't had water in it for many years, except for rainwater. To top it off, the previous owners threw junk inside it. I'm still trying to get the junk and all the compost out now. It's still wet at the very bottom. What

a mess, let me tell you!!

We'd like to make a pond with the hole. Is it deep enough? Seems to be about 2 or more ft deep in the center. There was/is a pool house that held the pump, and there is a long piece of pvc that is underground going from the poolhouse to the pool/hole.

We know nothing about building a pond. Are the sides of this hole too gradual? Is the hole deep enough? I don't want to put any fish in it. I want something strong enough on the bottom that the dogs can jump in and take a dip in it.

Can I take advantage of that pvc that is already underground? I know I need a pump and a filter, but are there any suggestions or advice anyone can give me?

Here's the hole, and I'm still trying to clean the hole out. Hopefully, it will be done soon.

The hole is deeper than it looks. Does it need to be dug out more or is this hole sufficient?

{{gwi:201811}}

{{gwi:201812}}

Comments (3)