SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claritamaria

Ever Feel Like getting rid of your Collection?

claritamaria
16 years ago

As I am now paying to light orchids again I am doing some real soul searching. I feel like getting rid of about 40% of my collection. The usual reasons, space hogs, too much work to bloom in my conditions, rehabs that are healthy, I have simply mastered the orchid and want to move on to a new challenge; get more focused. Just don't feel justified paying to light stuff that doesn't excite me anymore.

Questions

I don't do ebay but do want to sell (or trade) so I can get new 'chids.

What's the best way to give them a good home?? The exchange board?

Can you trade for "Green" there if there is nothing I can get on my wish list?

Any other places?

Do you take photos of the plant as is and the blooms?

What information is best to give the recipient?

Is it best to sell them as a lot instead of individually?

My experience has been a fun one buying lots. It give me a chance to grow things I would have never thought to buy.

Many of my plants have just come in from outside. They are light. Should I wait until they "green back down" ? Some should be blooming soon. Rather have the recipient get the blooms. I am also concerned about the dropping temps and shipping.

mmmm what to do?

Also if I have a large plant, such as a Sharry Baby; is it better to sell it "as is" or divide it? I have 1 large and 1 regular size. I know that what one usually gets retail are small/young. Is there a market for big established plants? The large SB is in a 12" vanda basket and has PB's the size of my palm. I would probably ship it in the basket if I didn't divide it. It's nothing one can find retail. I know sometimes I wish I could buy more mature plants but can't find them.

Clara

Comments (18)