SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hardin_gw

Pond close to done,,,have more questions

hardin
14 years ago

If rains hold off in the morning, we will be finishing up the pond, adding liner and all that jazz. I hope some of the following questions won't crack you up too much, but after six days of digging, I am getting nervous and edgy. :)

1) Does the underlayment need to be even with the edges of the liner, even the overlap at ground level, when I cut it later?

2) My Atlantic Filterfalls BF1500 came with 2 mesh bags so I'm assuming this is the biological end of things. Do I fill both of them and set them inside the falls? What can I put in them?

3) The filterfalls did not come with a top grate, so how can I diguise the top of the falls? Plants would be neat, but I don't know how I would set them in there? Will the roots interfere with anything or get tangled in the pad? I'd also thought about adding a fake rock later when I can get one but until then...

4) Following the directions, I will use 4 Tbsp of the biological stuff. Do I add it to the filterfalls end or the skimmer end? (Dumb, I know)

5)After filling pond, getting everything running and added to water, how long should I wait before adding goldfish and plants?

Last question for now, I promise.

6) When I pot up some plants to add to pond edges, do I just use river rocks like dirt or do I use actual dirt? And when they say depth of water, is that measuring from the crown of the plants?

Thanks in advance from a nervous nellie. Sorry such long post.

Comments (6)