SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

More Pond Pics with Garden Junk

jeannespines
13 years ago

Some GJers wanted a full view of my pond after seeing other thread (link below)...so here's some pics I took this afternoon...surrounding plants & water plants will be much more beautiful later on this summer (& it did warm up today!):

Here's the fisher boy view of the pond...behind him I've planted 3 elephant ears (in front of that cattail trellis:

{{gwi:145371}}

Here's fisherboy closer-up ...the wire basket I got at flea market last yr & planted Japanese Grass in it...it's up again (barely) & the turtle in front of boy is a 50% HL buy a couple yrs. ago:

{{gwi:145373}}

Fisherboy from back...recycled solar light (my DH fixed)...blue glass ball marks location of an elephant ear & 2 silverware plant markers mark the other 2 EEars:

{{gwi:145374}}

Here's a view of the pond from other end..you can see bridge & arbor:

{{gwi:145375}}

Close-up of front of arbor...DH built this several yrs. ago...I planted Mandarin Honeysuckle & cut it back this Spring...looking good! My angel has been sitting there for some yrs. too...she's peeling but looks good to me:

{{gwi:145376}}

Back view of arbor:

{{gwi:145377}}

View of pond from Mr. Troll's area:

{{gwi:145378}}

And waterfall ...frogs have been at pond site probably 10 yrs...but we re-did this pond 4 yrs. ago ...had pre-formed ones...one on each side of bridge...we took those out & dug deeper & put in liner so fish stay in all yr. now with a small heater to keep spot in ice open.

{{gwi:145379}}

Ponds are fun...but lots of work! The bridge needs painted & I'm trying to figure out how to scrape it & not get it paint chips in pond (ugh!) for fish to eat! I may have to scrap with one hand holding shop vac hose with other! LOL! Thanks for lookin! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Working on pond Garden Junk

Comments (15)