SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Austins in my garden

dublinbay z6 (KS)
11 years ago

I was browsing my photo album and decided to put all my Austins in one grouping--just cuz I love them. : )

Enjoy.

Admire this beauty--Jubilee Celebration--one of the loveliest of Austin's blooms:

{{gwi:218925}}

Here is a short one--Pretty Jessica with her big fat blooms:

{{gwi:207540}}

And a second view of Pretty Jessica:

{{gwi:218926}}

My favorite (and newest) Austin--Lady of Shalott:

{{gwi:215629}}

That was so pretty, let's try another Lady of Shalott. Here is her first bloom of the season (last spring):

{{gwi:218927}}

Oh yes, why not a third picture of Lady of Shalott? I am crazy about her, after all!

{{gwi:218928}}

Of course, any self-respecting Austin garden needs at least one Shakespeare 2000. Here he is in his royal splendor:

{{gwi:218929}}

Fully open view of Shakespeare 2000. That color is gorgeous:

{{gwi:218930}}

Another short Austin--Anne Boleyn.

{{gwi:207547}}

Anne Boleyn fully open:

{{gwi:207549}}

My big Mortimer Sackler which I grow as a tall bush rather than a climber:

{{gwi:205464}}

Here are some close-ups of Morty:

{{gwi:207542}}

I have an informal hedge of 3 Queens of Sweden along a spot on the east side property line between my garage and my neighbor's garage:

{{gwi:218931}}

Close-up of Queen of Sweden bloom--so lovely!

{{gwi:207544}}

Here is one of my 3 Molineux. The colors change a lot, depending on the weather.

{{gwi:218932}}

Sometimes Molineux is golden apricot. Here you can see the 3 Molineux planted as one larger plant:

{{gwi:218933}}

Austin's Mayflower--usually the first rose to bloom in my garden:

{{gwi:208901}}

The Mayflower bush is rather upright. The mini at its feet is Sweet Diana:

{{gwi:218934}}

Doesn't Happy Child have a lovely bloom? Unfortunately, I don't have this one any more. It was a weakly plant that kept declining--but wow, the blooms!

{{gwi:218935}}

That's all the Austin pics I have, although I did plant 2 Austin climbers last spring--The Pilgrim and St. Swithun. Both bloomed once--lovely blooms, of course--don't know why I took no pictures. Poor St. Swithun then came down immediately with RRD. Wedgewood Rose climber will replace it next spring. I'll also be getting Munstead Woods and Scepter'd Isle next spring.

That'll be 17 Austins in all. Wish I had room for a few more. They are so beautiful.

Hope you enjoyed them.

Kate

Comments (31)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES