SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meldy_nva

Black is not my mood

meldy_nva
13 years ago

This thought began with my new stove. (BTW, it works fine, having an accurate oven is great, we've gotten used to the new burner grates -they aren't those ugly ultra-bulky cast iron, but still much heavier than the prior.) It's black with stainless steel. Not much S/S because of the large glass oven door and larger-than-competitors glass over the oven/timer controls, but a black surface which also curves halfway up the backsplash. It looks like a big, black, depressed blob in my cream and gold kitchen. I swear it absorbs all the surrounding light, making that end of the kitchen depressingly dusky, even at high noon.

Just recieved the latest Ikea catalog. Not quite most, but a good portion of the furniture/bookcases/etc is... black. They have superb photographers, only about half the detail is lost.

Stopped by a couple of furniture stores recently (someday, a new sofa). Display after display... black.

Thinking of presents for DD and SIL, I stuck my nose in several clothing stores. Shirts, sweaters, slacks, jackets; purses, shoes, slippers... black.

Black is depressing. NY career women have proved this for years: all in black with unified expressions of depression.

What's with the advertising departments? They want us to be depressed every time we look at the purchase as well as when we look at the price tag? I had to buy the stove; I do not have to buy anything else in black; and I won't.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
More Discussions