SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Thoughts on approaching a major birthday.

gandle
17 years ago

I've noticed that more people are addressing me as sir or mister. Also, people seem to try to help me put on my coat, seems like they are treating me like my grandfather used to be treated, that is, with more respect.

I had always suscribed to the ides that some old was anyone 15 years older than I am but that group seems to be dwindling in number.

On the other hand, one of the advantages of growing older is that the pool of good looking women grows much larger. When you are 20, that pool is women under 30 but now, girls of 75 or younger are really lots more attractive than they used to be.

When I'm in a line at a check stand I always ask for the old peoples discount. It confuses the young checkout people who think that "Senior Citizen" is the politically correct way to refer to us.

I've also noticed that people are always saying how good you look. When I look in the mirror while shaving I think if this is looking good, I wonder how bad did I used to look.

There are advantages, you can sneak a catnap in at almost any time without anyone noticing or at least caring. People open doors for you but if some boy scout offers to help me across the street I'm going to rebel.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
More Discussions