SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikemerk_gw

Why do fish have to be so difficult?????

mikemerk
15 years ago

I have a Savio Skimmer in my pond. For those who are familiar with these skimmers know they have a basket that catches large debris and a place where you place a media filter. I clean mine out 2-3 times a week. Well this week, the largest fish in my arsenal, one of my gold orfes decides to keep swimming into the basket. In four years, it has never gone in the skimmer. Once inside, the fish cannot get out. So for the past week I have been helping the orfe back into the pond. Finally, two nights ago, I not only find the one orfe in the basket but another also. So I get aggravated and place a fishing net over the entrance to the skimmer so they canÂt swim in.

Today, part of my normal maintenance routine I started cleaning out the skimmer especially since the water pressure coming out of my waterfall seemed down somewhat. Well I found out why it was so interested in the basket and why the pressure was down. There had to be 2000 eggs in there. It was loaded.

Now if you have seen a picture of my pond, there are plenty of places to lay eggs. Why must she go in the skimmer? Just another mess to clean up.

-Mike

Comments (3)