SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charles1979_gw

Regrowing Phals and New Roots Please Advise..

charles1979
9 years ago

Greetings,

This is my first posting, and are very excited to be on this exciting network.

I have numerous Phals which are my favorite kind and have been re growing them about four months now. I live in Miami Florida so temperatures now at this time of the year (Sep) exceed 95 degrees in the middle of the day. Now I have placed my plants in a shaded area on the balcony and they have been growing new roots and leaves, watering them with plant food once a week and observing the beautiful silver strong root growth taking place as you can see on the picture. I cut the spike on the bottom and old leaves starting to appear leathery and new ones are growing on top. On other phals I left the spike which appear nice and healthy (green) cutting them in the middle of 2 nodes to see if maybe it throws a spike there. I am relatively new to orchids, and was hoping to get advice on how I can start a spike. Can I move my orchids inside with a/c for some hours in the day? I have read that it may shock them. Should I just leave them alone and keep the usual up keeping routine? Please help, thanks Charles..

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz