SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_871924

Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren

17 years ago

Did anyone else catch the miniseries of "The Final Act," the last of the Helen Mirren Prime Suspect episodes? I hadn't realized that the episodes have been appearing since 1991, for a total of 7 all told. I've never missed even one of these, mostly because of Helen Mirren but also because the shows always seem so starkly realistic.

These miniseries have always been dark and this last one darkest of all, I thought. Detective Chief Inspector Jane Tennyson, now on the eve of retirement and seriously alcoholic, continues to be sharp-witted and imaginative. Yet the blackouts cripple her ability to stay on task. Well, if you haven't seen it, I won't give any spoilers except to say that Jane almost blows her own case because of a misjudgment. I had figured out the killer in Part I but the complex array of "prime suspects" made the journey to an arrest always a little uncertain.

I think Helen Mirren is one of the best actresses in the world right now. I'd love to hear what others think of the miniseries or any of her other roles.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz
More Discussions