SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pondmaster101

Connecting Pond Liners... Toxic to Fish? Ripoff? Ideas?

pondmaster101
15 years ago

Coma estas los amigos,

¡Yo casi soy hecho mi charca!

(I am almost done my pond!)

I am very excited to have gotten my liner, it is now in the ground for the stream, and the preform is doing very nicely with the plantings in place. Now, my question is... the liner was divided in two parts. I have overlapped them, and it actually makes it easier to turn the bank. Someone, upon hearing my dilemma, picked up 1 gallon of Carlisle Sure-Seal® EP-95 Splicing Cement. It scares me. It has all these terrible warnings and flammable dangers. And, I only have a small area to seal, this stupid can could coat alot! It was 35 dollars, which I would have to pay. My other really big concern is how will this affect the fish? Is this toxic to the fish and the plants? Also, it only can be opened for 48 hours. All in all open to ALL cheaper and safer options. CHEAPER being the biggie. I dont want u all to think im cheap, Im definelty not, but this pond just BARELY got approved for my annual budget lol, and have MUCH else that could use the funds! (Also I have unlimited sources of silicon. Could this work if heavily applied? Thanks so much you are all muy mucho mucho bueno

Comments (14)