SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa11310

OH dear, fin rot, now what?

lisa11310
16 years ago

I was so happy to see my two fish that were on the bottom of the pond up and about after I added the solar salt. This weekends plans were for the 50% waterchange.I never did figure out what parasite they may of had, they never got ich spots. Today I noticed that one of the fish that had been on the bottom looked like his little bottom fins were gone, I pulled him out to take a look and was horrified at what I found. His fins are nearly gone and his whole tummy is just raw.He also has black spots around his mouth. I feel so bad for this fish though hes zooming around like he's fine. The others look ok. I spoke to 2 different pond "experts" (meaning they own ponding stores) and to someone at Petsmart. Wouldn't you know I got 3 different answers. One told me to use 2 different medications in the pond and that this is contagious. The other told me the meds wouldn't cure the fish and that I had to bring it in and keep it at 80 degrees in high salt water and give it a daily antibiotic bath, he also said it was not contagious. Petsmart said they had a bottle of stuff to use. I e mailed Rick at Gold Fish Connections but have not heard back. I have no clue what to do and who to listen to. I am worried for my fish, can someone please help me? I am sorry, I am sure this has been addressed but I have dial up and the searches just dont work.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals