SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
avsforme

I LOVE Lowe's!!!

avsforme
9 years ago

I have collected 30 or so Phals over the years, all are NOIDs. My husband saved them for me from the "plant chuckers", the plant guys who throw out the Phals after they have flowered, that are in some of the board rooms at my husband's office. I have also bought some from Trader Joe's and occasionally Lowe's. I was in Lowe's the other day buying a new plant stand and lights for my African Violets and noticed a bunch of non flowering Phals, on closer inspection the big ones that were normally $16.99 were marked down to $3.00 and the small ones that were normally $9.99 were marked down to $1.00!! Some of the $1.00 little ones were not savable as all the leaves fell right off when I picked them up. I did save all 6 of the little ones that could be saved and 6 of the bigger ones, only one of the bigger ones looked a bit beat up but I can probably save it. I have good luck getting Phals to set new spikes, thank goodness. I may go back Tuesday and see if any of the other big ones are still there, I hate to think of them getting tossed into the dumpster! I an very much into semi hydroponics and will get these guys into the pots and clay balls when my order comes in. :0)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida