SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabethk1

My orchids have enjoyed a wonderful summer outdoors!

Well, the first light frost can come anytime after mid-September here in Western PA, so I guess it's time for me to get my game plan together for bringing in my orchids! I'm not one to chase those last warm fall days and pull the plants in and out of the house until the first hard frost, so they are coming in soon. I know I need to get them adjusted gradually to indoor light and temps--how gradual of a process should this be? What do you all do to make sure you are not bringing bugs into the house with the plants?

I'm amazed at how much my plants have grown over the summer and how healthy they all look now. I'm glad I listened to the advice on this forum and did not cut the "dead" canes off of my dendrobiums. About 1 inch down from the ends of the "dead" canes, new canes with aerial roots have grown! Those "baby" canes are from 1-2 inches long. Will flowers bloom from these little canes?...or do I have to cut them off and plant them? It is going to be so much fun to see how many of my plants bloom this Fall and Winter. I have a feeling it will be many more than last year!

Comments (18)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH