SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
asun1

As if 2 isn't enough...I need a 3rd pond!!!

asun1
16 years ago

Ok guys.....I could use some advice. I am going to add another small pond to my yard. I am thinking 300 gallon. Reason: I have a small Turtle in my large pond..about 4 in diam. I know it will grow large. Right now, the little guy is not strong enough to rip my liner, but I know he will eventually get strong enough...especially in the winter when he tries to burrow. My kids and I are in love with the little guy, so yes, I am going to construct a pond for my turtle...and some plants..maybe 2 fish in there too. I do not do indoor turtle tanks...I think it is too small for them, and they stink...so that is not an option. I am thinking a stock tank...but I cannot get one local here that is larger than 100 gallons...and I am not going to pay $150-$300 for shipping.

What to do??? Anyone have a better idea? No liner...I am too paranoid about the turtles sharp nails. My only other option is to stick with the stock tank and convince one of the feed stores here to order it for me. Just wanted to see if there were other options before I proceed. Also, what is the best brand stock tank? I like the idea of a drain plug...that is very cool.

Thanks in advance,

Amanda

Comments (14)