SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
counselor4444

I think my phal is dying....

counselor4444
15 years ago

So, I have 10 phals and 1 dendrobium now and I guess this was bound to happen at some point. The first weekend in August I bought an phal from grower Taida Orchids in Bridgewater, NJ. (My Phal Little Emperor). I guess I was a little too excited to get it and didn't pay close enough attention to it when I was there or I would have noticed that a lower leaf was turning slightly yellow.

I brought it home and the entire leaf eventually turned yellow and fell off. (I know this is sometimes normal for older leaves). However, after I brought it home I also noticed that the other leaves looked... how do I put it... somewhat spotted... spots of darker green and other spots on the same leaf looked like a lighter green...

Now another leaf is turning yellow. Once it falls off, the phal will only have 2 leaves left.

I'm irked quite frankly. I'm still a newbie (I've only been doing this for 9 months) but I really haven't had any problems with my phals up until now. I'm very careful with watering. Maybe I was sold a dud? Maybe it's virused? Here are some pics.

{{gwi:193733}}
{{gwi:193734}}

TIA!

Debbie

Comments (25)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!