SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindajewell_gw

Adventures in Ozark Pudding

lindajewell
15 years ago

Today was a daddy day care day, took my dad over and came right home. Did 3 loads of laundry, then cleaned up the bathroom as they are coming tomorrow to install the new vanity top. Then I fixed myself a sandwich and sat down with my laptop, found myself almost falling asleep to thought, get off your lazy fat butt and do something! About that time I looked over and saw the recipe for Ozark Pudding from Suzy, thought sure, I can do this so off to the kitchen I go..................

Now keep in mind here, I AM NOT A BAKER! I cook and do it rather well, but baking is not my forte. So, I read over the recipe and start gathering everything I need. Then I go to look for the pan.......can't find mine, look in basement (where lots of stuff is stored since I moved back in to house) nope, not down there, look in garage, not their either. Cr@p, what to do......okay, find a smaller pan, Suzy said you could use a smaller pan so that is what I will do.

Get apples peeled, cored and ready to go..........get out brown sugar, hard as a rock. Plop bricks in container, put in microwave to soften,note to self buy fresh brown sugar, beat eggs, add regular sugar, get softened brown sugar, measure, so far so good. Get dry ingredients together, start to put in bowl and POOF! flour goes every where, have no idea what the heck I did but I had flour on the counter, cabinets, floor, in my hair, on my face, dear God where did it all come from.

So get that mess cleaned up and continue to mix, Suzy said batter would be stiff, she wasn't kiddin'! So as not to have the rest of the kitchen covered in batter I got the latex gloves out and used my hands to mix.

Now I'm feelin' pretty good.......start puttin' the batter in the pan and realize there is way more batter than pan! Cr@p again, what to do now? Hunt around, no other small pans, note to self, unpack your stuff and put mom's away!, finally pull open drawer below ovens....see muffin pan, okay I will try that...........not the easiest thing to grease and flour, but I did it. OH, and I should make note that my shortening was bad so I had to use oil to grease pans with, note to self, buy fresh shortening. Put batter in muffin tin, shove all in oven which is set on convection bake @ 350, set timer for 30 min's, check muffin tin in about 15 min's, they look done, take out to cool. Bigger small pan took about 28 min's, gotta love convection bake, did not use pure convection but just the convection bake. Had all cooling when I looked at floor what a mess, how the heck did I get it so messy with just one batch of something? Get out Swivel Sweeper (as seen on TV!) cleaned up floor, put sweeper away, looked at cabinets both upper and lower, still have flour on them, clean them off, look at counter, scrubbed it down. Put dirty dishes in dishwasher, cleaned sink. And people wonder why I don't bake!

After all that I had to fly out the door to pick up my dad, came home and tried some out of the muffin tin...........MY GOSH IS THIS STUFF GOOD!!!!!!!! Figure I can heat up later, get out the ice cream and pig out.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
More Discussions