SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pagan_gw

update on moi!

pagan
17 years ago

Some of ya'll have asked how I be, and other's who didn't don't have to read this thread!! Anyway, it has taken me a while to be able to type this much - last year was NOT the year of Pagan! late winter and spring found me in a deep depression - suicidal even!, brought on by one of my pain meds. This depression was pretty unlike me - I am the most annoyingly chipper person most people know! So, after detoxing through the summer, I had neck surgery in Florida (August and Spetember). The surgery was successful, but I developed a MRSA staph infection in my cervical spine and had to have 6 weeks of IV anti-biotics through an arm catheter... this pretty much limited my activities for the fall! I was pain free though, for the first time since 1995, and off my pain medication completely, so it was worth it. In october I took my puppy to a Halloween party when a column, like your ordinary garden-variety porch column (solid wood, 8 feet high, about 300 pounds!) fell on me. The column was being used as decoration in a local pet shop and was not attached to anything, just free standing and ornamental! A little girl leaned on it, and over it went, hitting me in the neck and shoulders! The killer column of death did some new damage to my spine, so next week I am BACK to Florida to get re-repaired! I am determined that THIS year will be MY year - I mean, what are the odds I will get clobbered again by something after surgery?? Knock on wood, cross your digits, say your prayers and kill your chickens for me! I may not have internet access in Florida and am expecting to be there 2 weeks for 2 procedures...

Once I get recovered I am planning a huge party to celebrate my birthday, my anniversary, my DH's birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, new year's, and anything else we didn't get a chance to celebrate last year!! Ya'll are invited - I am SOOOO looking forward to this!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County