SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

I wonder if it is really the same

gandle
14 years ago

Got home last night and saw that we had a couple of catalogs. One I really like but have never bought anything from it. Hammecher-Schlemmer. Fun reading but quite expensive. See they had a cat tree for only $899.00, probably should have 2, one for the basement and one upstairs. But what really got me to wondering was the Vermont Country Store catalog. Inside the back cover they list a whole bunch of perfumes and one I can't believe is a 1.6 oz. bottle of Evening in Paris perfume for $50.00 Seems like most of the girls in the late 30's and early 40's in school wore lots of it. Doubt that it cost over a dollar a bottle.

Of course all of us boys wore hair oil and most of it was Wild Rose. Rather overpowering too

Wonder if we wore all that smelly stuff because it was rare at that time to take a bath more than once a week.

Just remembered, there was one girl, I didn't like her very well, don't remember why, but she at least wore a light scent that smelled almost like, I really don't know what flower but it was not overpowering.

But $50.00 for Evening in Paris perfume, when I think about it I can still remember the overpowering scent of it.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions