SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
warwinpink22

Why Are the Leaves on my Orchid Turning Yellow?

warwinpink22
12 years ago

Hello everyone. I saw a previous post on this subject earlier today, but I didn't find an answer to why my orchid's leave are turning yellow. I am not sure what kind of orchid it is since my boyfriend got it for me about a year ago. I noticed that the most bottom leaves on my orchid were starting to turn yellow. I didn't think anything of it. I figured they were just getting older. But as time went by each leaf on the bottom began to turn yellow. So once the most bottom leaf is done and has fallen off the next one startst to turn yellow, and this keeps happening. Also my orchid was done flowering about a month ago I would say, and the stem from which the flowers were coming has completely died off. There was a new leaf that began to sprout but it is starting to look whithered which is really scaring me. I water it once a week with three ice cubes, and it sits in window in my room where it gets good natural lighting. So I don't know what's going on, but it really saddens me to have this orchid dieing. I love it. And it's the present my boyfriend gave me for our first anniversary. If you can help me that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Lauren

P.S. I have posted pictures on my blog of this so if you will click the link to see those. Thank you! It is my beauty blog. Just to let you know..lol

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of My Orchid

Comments (6)