SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabethk1

Phals have mealy bugs

I haven't posted in quite some time. I took the great advice I received on this forum and my phals were growing beautifully--until the mealy bugs showed up. A little history--my house plants did have mealy bugs, but they did not bother with the orchids. Then, in late Spring, I took the houseplants outside. I guess the mealy bugs ran out of food in the house and slowly started on the phals. Now I have a real problem with them. I regularly dab them with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol and I am using an insecticidal soap weekly. They must be pretty tough bugs, because they keep coming back. They have also gotten into a blooming Paph and as a result it has lost a few buds. Sad. Not only am I concerned about the current situation, but the rest of my plants will soon be moved insude for Winter. I'm afraid that they will all become infested if I am unable to completely get rid of the mealy bugs now. My plants are all in one room--on two tables, so at least the problem is confined. Does anyone know of something that kills mealy bugs off? I really need to gain control of this before all of my plants are infested. Thanks! Liz

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County