SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tn_jed

in a sewage rut

tn_jed
14 years ago

so i just picked up another 10 acres of land attached to my land very exciting to get new land very happy with it. my plan was to buy the 8 acres next to it and plant it, it has a spring fed pond and is good flat pasture land that has had cattle on it for the last 20 years and was part of a 33 acre farm i was so excited to here they wanted to sell it... well not so much anymore.... i drove over to check it out and did not like what i saw. there is 3 manhole covers on it and it has a sewer line running right down the middle about 5 ft deep. 2 of the manhole cover(stand pipe is what i call em)are well out of the way and would not cause a problem as i would not use that part of the land anyway its the third one thaat is in the middle of the property with a sewer line running right under the useful part of the feild. i am very upset by this and i dnt know what to do now i dnt want to buy land that i cant farm but its connected to my land which is a plus i just dnt feel comfortable growing food on it....am i wrong for feeling this way??? i dnt think so. im so disappointed now i dnt know what to do at least the 10 acres i just picked up is free of sewerlines i just cant plant it because it has a huge hill and the rest is wooded. i hit a brick wall what do i do

Comments (11)