SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hbwright_gw

Pond redo in progress. Help with what to do with extra dirt.

hbwright
16 years ago

I've almost got most of the pond done excavating. I'm working on the rock ledge now and have the main pond excavated, but waiting until I'm done with the rock ledge to finish digging out the dirt that falls in from the rock ledge and smoothing out the bottom and plant ledges. I have a big mound of dirt going around half the pond that I should have threw out a little further because the edge of the mound is right up to where I'm putting my rock ledge, more work for me moving that big pile back. In my minds eye I'm going to move that back, highten it where I will have my waterfall, only about 3 rock ledges tall and decrease the height of the mound keeping it in basically the same area that it is in now for planting bulbs around that half of the pond in a sense creating a wall of flowers around back part of the pond and rooming it in (My area of the yard, untouched by dogs if they plan on continuing to have a home with me). I have a decent size bench that will be going against the house (house is at the right of the picture)and the pond is right beside my back porch, about 5 feet from the house.

With looking at this picture can you give me any other ideas to do with the bunch of dirt.

{{gwi:186824}}

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting