SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daniellalell

Sorry, more OT pond progression pix

daniellalell
15 years ago

OK I dont want to get out of control with these pond pix, I don't want to annoy anyone..so this is the last ones I will be posting till I get more stones to do the edges and waterfall. When it is pretty much done I will post again. I just wanted to show what I did yesterday and this morn. Yesterday I got down some plants around the outer edges, and got some mulch down. Put some more rocks along the back, along with some bare root plants in the water. Re-potted 11 brugs yesterday, my baby BOP I started from seed over the winter..and something else I can't remember right now, lol. Right now we are getting rain so they are all along the front edge of the pond to get some of that loverly stuff.

I decided to get rid of my one smaller bed, as the plants were being choked out by fibrous tree roots..damn mulberry trees. SO I used them around the pond as well as seedlings I still had in pots. So happy I didnt have to buy any plants..yet. I do need more evergreens tho..so far all I have is the variegated liriopes from that small bed.

First is my kitty Swiper..caught him loungin last night. Since the fence has been down he is constantly in the garden, just loves it in there.

{{gwi:532294}}

The smaller pots here are the cuttings from Linda (thank you!) can't believe they needed to be repotted already.

{{gwi:532296}}

{{gwi:532298}}

{{gwi:532299}}

waterlily bloomin! 5 more buds that I can see are comin. Thanks again Theresa!

{{gwi:532300}}

O and I am happy to report that I finally have some dat buds ready to bloom!! Purples and a white. finally! I had given my mom a few on mother's day that I had started, didnt know what kind they were, name wore off. She has had a bloom already, a triple yellow frilled. I am so jealous, lol. Wish I coulda seen it. My triple yellows dont even have buds yet.

With our storms comin today I really hope my brug buds dont get knocked off. Supposed to be severe..calling for hail, wind, very frequent dangerous cloud to ground lightning, ya know, the fun stuff. A few people died in our bad one last Sunday..one guy got hit by lightning and killed, 2 others injured on the same beach we go to. Glad we werent there. Lotsa folks getting hit by lightning this summer.

Comments (12)