SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
footballmom_gw

Pond redo

footballmom
16 years ago

We are having our pond of 18 months redone as we had a constant leak from the biofalls. The new pond contractor(this is a certified pond company) told us that our pond would be 2 feet deep and 11' x 8'. It is done ( they left before tellus us they were done) and it is only 16" deep and this depth is only for 3' around. The rest of the area is 6" deep on the shelves. We have a weterfall about the goround. We had 20 fish( small one with the exception of two catfish that grew to a foot in a year) prior to deciding to redo. The pond was 8x9 and 2feet deep. The fish wintered with no problem. Now we are worried about the depth, swimming area and the fact that 3 fish have died in 2 days. We lost 3 fsih with the redo as they forgot to cover the tempoorary tank when they left d/t thunderstorms. The fish jumped out and did not live on the hard ground...duh! We have not paid them one cent, and really feel that they have to dig the pond to the proper depth and size and replace the koi and cat fish that died. They also did not dig out the space for the hose bib and did not leave space for the opil man to walk to the tak=nk feed, unless he leans on the house. Are we expecting too much. We figured our previous pond was approx 1000 gal. They had a water meter and it read 230 gal with the new fill. How is it possible that they tell us the old one was maybe 200 gal? I am confused. I read all of the posts that seem applicable( almost 300 of them). I would appreciate some specific help though. TIA.

Comments (18)