SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
agnespuffin

Gandle and his dance!

12 years ago

Gandle's post about his tux and the wedding dances got me to thinking. Yes, thinking. And you know what that means.....sometimes it makes me want to complain/gripe/gnash teeth.

Today's gripe would most likely not be understandable for all you youngsters, but I am sure that there are those that will understand exactly what I mean.

Middle age comes...then come the stuff in the mail about AARP, Funeral PrePayPlans, AND Retirement Homes.

Those Retirement Homes.....Tennis courts, Golf swimming pools and DANCES.

To begin with, the men are all tall and well built. Full heads of wavy gray hair. The women, all look to be about 15-20 years younger. Hair, usually pale blonde, sometimes silver gray. Always neatly coiffed. No one has one of those "old lady" perms! None of the ladies have a middle age spread or a pooched out tummy. The hips are still slim and NO ONE, male or female, is overweight.

And the dance floor! Not a single one of those old codgers and their lovely wives need a cane or a walker. Nope.

I want things to look realistic.

I want to see the men with bald heads. Guts sticking out over their pants tops. I want to see those lovely ladies on the tennis courts with their cute little tennis outfits, with varicose veins and swollen ankles. We won't even mention those slim wastes and perky boobs. No one seems to have the bent shoulders and backs either. Must be nice!

And I don't want to be the only one at the bridge table with glasses (BIFOCALS, no less!) Eyesight must improve when you enter a Retirement Home.

Is there a home for us Imperfect Oldsters?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions