SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krista_marie_gw

journal 9-28-06

krista_marie
17 years ago

Just returned from work a few minutes ago and am taking a rest with a cup of reheated (blech) coffee. It has been a little over two months since I started working at UPS. I have fallen into the new routine and I like it even though I don't like to go to bed so early . Sometimes I hit the hay at 7pm to catch up, sometimes if the neighbor comes to visit, it is closer to 10pm. I LOVE being able to shut the alarm completely off when I wake up Friday morning. It is the kind of job where you truly take one day at a time. All of my co-workers feel the same way even though some have been there for years. When that alarm goes off at 3:45 am, you really have to talk yourself into going to work. LOL I started off on a really heavy (amount and size of boxes) line and spent a month there. Some days, I really thought I would just drop dead. OMG Many co-workers said they didn't understand why they put me in that area because it is a tough one. Well, all I can say is, If I can make it through that area, anything else feels like a piece of cake. I imagine it was like basic training. I was disappointed when they moved me because I was comfortable and familiar with the trucks I had to load, but I now realize it was a blessing. It is still a fast pace, but it isn't ALWAYS overwhelming like my old line. They switched me with a young 20 something year old kid ( I guess he was fast but misloaded quite a bit ), The line is really beating him up, He used to be a lot cockier and full of energy, he is a lot more mellow now. LOL I tell him that if I could do it, he can too, I am a good 15 years older than him.

DS is in first grade now and he also is struggling with early morning schedule change and going to school ALL day. Also, I hear his teacher isn't the nicest. When I told the neighbor which teacher he has, she made a face but didn't say anything. After ten days of class, DS said he didn't want to go to school anymore. Eek. DH took the initiative (PTL, that is a miracle) and spoke with her and after moving DS to the front of the class, there has been an improvement. My Mama lion thought was to have him switch classes, but I will wait a little bit longer instead of rescuing him. He is not the only one "getting in trouble", so it is not like he is being singled out.

The other job is o.k., the new owners are going on one year of ownership. Decent people. Business is a little slow and I am sad to say that I get more satisfaction working for peanuts at UPS. Sigh. Maybe if things pick up, I will feel better about being there.

I have tons of house and garden work to do and not enough time. Fortunately, I am too tired to lose any sleep over it. :)

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions