SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joann749

HELP!!! Phal drops buds

joann749
11 years ago

Hi all, I am new to this forum. I have a few phals I have aquired over the last year and love them!

One of them finished blooming in April or so, the spike never turned brown. The other 2 did turn brown so I cut the spikes off , those 2 also had new leaf growth. I decided to repot them (don't remember why), removed the dead roots and put them back in the same pots with the same mix.

The phal with the spike started to grow another spike about 2 inches from the top of the first one!! I was so happy to see this. However my happiness has subsided since not one of the buds has opened!! The new spike is about 17" long and has had about 15 buds fall off, has a constant 5-7 buds growing.

I repotted again and this time put it in an orchid pot with bark and the buds still fall off! I brought it to the garden center where I purchased it, he took it out of the pot thinks I have been over watering. This was 1 week ago - I haven't watered - it is still dropping the buds - always the oldest buds and the spike still grows!

Please help me with this! This could be such an amazing flowering orchid IF they ever open!

Thank you

Comments (2)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals