SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Things I miss.

gandle
15 years ago

Strange but I miss not being needed at the farm. Son has a very capable hired woman that can do everything that I used to help with and grandson is home from college this summer. Strange, I miss the hectic busy days at the nursery -greenhouse garden store and the insane hours. I find myself even missing the long hauls I used to do hauling feed products for son and his partner.

I wonder, is there ever a time in your life after retirement that you can say O.K., thats it, what should be done is done and now I can forget it.

Got the neighbors shed demolished and cleaned up and hauled and the trailer returned, instead of the $1000 bid she got we will come in about $250. Although I learned that if I were doing it for a profit, well, I wouldn't be doing it. Did manage to salvage a 6" by 6" actual measurement beam form the old building only 5' long but should be able to use it sometime. Every thing else was warped or beginning to decay. Now we will wait for the people from the 30 mile canal to remove the old slab.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
More Discussions