SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilod_gw

Journal 15 August 2006

lilod
17 years ago

Casa Lilo CA

Note to self: one must pay attention: Dont dump a 50# bag of chickenfeed into the container before removing the measuring scoop! I am fortunate, there is another coffee-can on the shelf.

That was the start of this morning, but it did get better by and by.

Went to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned, they are always so nice! The hygienist is Greg, the DentistÂs, wife. It is a very small establishment, I hope they will be there for a long time. Everything was in good shape, no problems and a free tooth-brush, all for $63.00.

Stopped at the Good Food Store to pick up coffee and Dr. BronnerÂs soap and some other goodies, walked over to the Post Office, only one piece of mail in the box, the telephone bill, I am glad I did not make the trip only for the mail.

There is still some smoke in the air from that wildfire, I checked the update and itÂs burning itself out, no danger. The area covered 19.000 acres by now, all in the wilderness. Such fires are actually beneficial, getting rid of a lot of underbrush and restoring the environment,

This afternoon I made willow-water, it is a natural rooting compound, and I certainly have more than enough willows. If I think of it, I add a stick of willow wood to my water in the vase, and cut flowers last a lot longer. I used to be skeptical, but it really works.

Now I will go outside and talk to my tomatoes, I am getting pretty anxious to see some red.

Thinking BLT!

Lilo

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions