SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lori_carlos

Still having a hard time with sludge

Lori_Carlos
13 years ago

We've been having a really hard time with our fish dying and keeping our pond clear. (mind you they are only feeder goldfish)

As mentioned in my previous post, we ended up draining our pond nearly to the very bottom, took out as much sludge and leaves as we could and re-filled, treated and replaced the 10 dead koi fish with 10 feeder fish and 3 small koi.

Since we have had 4 of the feeder fish die which I suppose is not really too bad. We started seeing the odd leaf again so we started cleaning the pond with our net and found literally hundreds of leaves!(we also found a bunch of rocks and even a garden nozzel) I'm not feeling so bad about the killing the previous owners koi fish anymore. I can see how the pond was not taken care of! We honestly got a huge bucket full of them and treated the water again. In the past 4 days we've changed the filter floss 3 times and each time is is BLACK!

We're so lost here... HELP!!! Any ideas on how much longer it'll take before the pond becomes clearer? I'm pretty sure that we have now got at least 90% of those darn leaves.

Anyway, gotta get back outside and change that filter floss again! I'll keep everyone posted.

Comment (1)