SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

worried and not too happy with one of my online orders....

serenasyh
14 years ago

hi, everyone, I was expecting smooth sailing when I ordered from orchids.com but now am worried about one of my orders... The first plant was huge, with fat darker green leaves and a spike that is developing and the fat stems that I look for in a healthy vital Cattelya... On the other hand the second orchid is much more paper thin in the stem growth with pale, less healthy green to them and one leaf had a gigantic tear in it with the accompanying scars (almost extends across the entire width of the leaf). 3 stems have been completely lopped off (they no longer carry a leaf and are blackish brown at the ends)..There is one new purplish stem with a baby leaf-- but the new stem is very! mottled like some kind of crazy birthmark blotching... I am none too happy...

What does everyone think of this... is this grounds for asking for a refund?... I am nervous because the 2nd plant just doesn't seem very healthy and am not sure I have the experience to be able to nurse it back to health...

Also they are planted in moss... I have no experience with moss and do the old-fashioned bark way... Is it still o.k. to use bark in their new pots instead of moss? Thanks!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer