SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691021

Please help me with my lawn? (Desperate)

User
12 years ago

Zone 8b, Fraser Valley, BC

First of all, I have mole problems and can't get rid of them no matter what. I went out this morning and 4 mole hills. The crows have been pulling the lawn up too. I pushed the dirt back into the holes with an old broom handle. Refilled each hole with soil from my garden.

This lawn is a mess and I can't afford new sod. I have to do it myself. There is also a bit of clover in the lawn. I can't afford to rent an aerator but I do have a pitch fork (hoping to catch a mole with it) Ughhh!

I noticed the roots of the glass blades come out of the ground easily in some places. I don't see any grubs. Can someone please give me where to begin and what would you do?

I want to buy grass seed but not sure what kind to get for my area. I don't know what kind of grass that is there now.

I won't put the seeds down until the moles go. The birds have been eating any new grass seed I put down. What should I do? I have a small front lawn in front of my mobile home.

I don't know what order to do things in..ie; aerate, lime, dethatch, Any help would be appreciated. Thanks soooooo much!!

Comments (7)